Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sunday, June 1st, 2008

So today is the first day of the grow out challenge. I am getting excited for the process and all the wonderful things I will be putting in my hair to make it wonderfully healthy any have it growing quickly. I cannot wait to see how long my hair has gotten a year from now.

My plan was to post pictures of my curls and the length and such once a month. Unfortunately, I left the USB that connects to my camera in Georgia and will not be able to get to it until the end of July. So for now, no pictures. I do have my camera so I will be taking pictures that I can go back and add once I get my USB in a couple months. So no immediate pictures for June and July, but they will be added later.

I measured my hair this morning after I got out of the shower. I squeezed excess water out, so it was not pin straight. It had just a bit of wave. This is the same state I will measure my hair in each month to keep consistency with my measurements. I measured by placing the tip of yarn in the middle of my forehead right at the hair line. Then i let some yarn fall behind my head down the back. I pulled my hair around front along with the yarn, then stretched the yarn and cut at the longest point of my hair. Then I measured the yarn, and it was 26.7 inches. Right now, my curls fall down my back a few inches past my shoulders, probably about three inches short of being at bust level, only in the back. When my hair is in front, it covers my shoulders and goes down another two or three inches. I will measure these in the morning to get a more precise measurement. But for tonight, this is what I have on my measurements.

1 comment:

B. Fly said...

I'm new to NC and found your blog on the Grow Out forum. Good luck!